4/26/2014 - Wind, Safety, and Postponement


THE 2014 SAN DIEGO 500 has been POSTPONED until further notice.

Overnight, we experienced a major wind and rain storm that damaged the canopy above the race area to a point that it is NOT safe for us to hold the race at this time.  Safety of the adult and youth volunteers, and (especially) the racers is the primary reason for our decision to postpone this years race.

See our facebook page for a few pictures. (you don't have to have a facebook account to see the photos) at 

We have a large amount of cleanup to do and we apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this may cause.

We will mail letters to each of this years registered families once we have a plan to move forward.


Thank you for your understanding.

On Behalf of the entire San Diego 500 Race ,

Kevin Kasner